Friday 6 April 2012

THE PIER'S VERY MURKY WATER


http://davidjonesblog.com/2012/04/06/colwyn-bay-pier-a-long-and-sad-tale/


Murky waters, indeed, surrounding the pier but if one digs deep enough one can always find what one is looking for.

I believe it was Cllr Brian Cossey at the first meeting with David Jones MP and Steve Hunt at David’s office, he thought the proposals for the pier were a step forward and was even hopeful of a positive result.

The problems came at the second meeting, held at Bodlondeb, David Jones MP, Steve Hunt, Ken Finch, Iwan Davies and Cllr Goronwy Edwards were all there. At the meeting 3 different lease options were put on the table, I think it would be unfair of me to discuss all of them but I can say that all 3 options were at a lower rate per sq foot than what the Council currently lets it’s seafront property out at.

Cllr Edwards got the hump about what Steve Hunt had wrote about him and allowed his personal feelings to get in the way of conducting a very important meeting about the pier’s future.

Now I cannot tell, because meetings were held under the 12a rule, press and public exempt, but I do wonder if the full council were ever made aware of the 3 offers that were put on the table, one that even started at a peppercorn rent.

This whole shambolic issue is going to cost the tax payer a lot of money, basically because one Councillor couldn’t keep his cool and, in my mind, had a personal vendetta to settle. We may never know the depths that this goes to but until someone at Bodlondeb starts to be open, honest and transparent I, for one, will have no faith in anything they do.

Now, I think, as soon as I press “print” on this article someone, somewhere is going to start accusing me of breaking the purdah rules.....well, maybe I am, maybe I’m not but personally I don’t give a flying **** I think the whole thing stinks and if they want to start accusing people then lets start at the very top shall we?

4 comments:

Oscar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve Hunt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.